A craft blog about using up all the craft supplies I have stored in my basement. It literally looks like a Michael's store down there!

Saturday, April 26, 2008

End-of-the-Year Teacher Gifts


My Project:


I recently went to Bath & Body Works with coupons in hand to buy gifts for my kids four teachers for the end-of-the-year gifts. If you would like to see how to get the lotions & such, please click here to my other blog.


My two older children each have one teacher, and the pre-schooler has two teachers.


Here is what you need to make these buckets:


1 bottle of hand lotion

1 bottle of body spray in the same scent

2 packs of Tea

1 medium sized garden bucket

2 sheets tissue paper

some sort of label or thank you card


I found five pink buckets in my basement. I seriously can't even remember why I bought them, but they did still have a clearance sticker from Target on the bottom of them.


Take two sheets of tissue paper (mine is recycled from old gifts) and arrange them in the bucket so it hangs over the edge and looks pretty.


Arrange the contents in the bucket so they fit snugly inside. Add your label or card either inside or attached to the tissue.


My 10 yrs old daughter made all four of these buckets up for me. It took her awhile to get the tissue "just right", but with a little help from me, we got it. She then went on the computer to make her own labels for them. I left that completely up to her, and she did a great job with them.


Your Project:


Look at your craft stash. Do you have any buckets, baskets or cute boxes you can cover in your basement? Take a double look at them to see if you can use them as End-of-the-Year Teacher gifts too.

No comments: